Sunday, November 9, 2008

Storm Shelter


What of the storm that never comes
What of the promises never kept
Can you tell me of a fallen angel, the morning star
Can you feel what they say can't be felt
Can you hear all that never a soul was meant to hear
What will you show me
that I already have not seen

It's almost over.

The storm that never was will come again.
And all will not be forgiven.
And all will not be found.

Will someone come from the shadows
to bless this hollowed ground
Will someone come from the stars
and make a path to reason

Alone for one more day
Alone for all to see

The hour weighs down upon us.

Can no longer breathe this poisoned air
Can no longer bear
the sound of your voice
Must make my own way
Have it all wash over me
like the blood of a million dead souls
begging to be fucked one last time

The storm that never was
may never come,
again.

No comments: