Wednesday, August 20, 2008

ELIMINATOR


"What do you believe in?"

believe?

I dont believe in believing
I dont believe in believing
I dont believe in believing

It's not that I dont believe in god,
or the devil
or rock n roll
or him
or you
or me
I just dont believe in believing

nothing you can tell me
will change my mind
Im not lost - Im not blind
Im not found
I am here - I am there
I am up and I am down
I am everywhere and all around
Im not you and Im not me
I am god - I am free
Im whatever I say I am to be
Im not here for you
Im not here for them
Im here for me
(why reach when you can teach)
(not to preach but why reach)
(and if you were to reach, why worship some stranger,
some thing that doesnt even exist?
why feel the need to worship
when its you who does exist - at least, who needs worshiping,
at least the occasional "pat on the back"
- at least, at least)

- WHY BE A PEASANT WHEN YOU COULD BE A GOD -

eliminate the middle man
and soon you wont be able to resist
that overpowering urge to be Jesus himself

so when you ask me what do I believe in
its not that I dont believe in anything -
its just that I dont believe
IN BELIEVING.


Art by P. Lapiedra
Photo of Zuleidy

No comments: